Fanfictions' reading corner/Le coin de lecture des fanfictions

IT'S OVER...

« Older   Newer »
Gentillefille
icon12  view post Posted on 23/7/2009, 00:39 by: Gentillefille     +1   -1

Reine du drame à la plume diversifiée qui ne cesse de produire toujours autant, malgré les ans et ses idées qui autant en emporte le vent!

Group:
Administrator

IT’S OVER…

Chapter 12

“The bun in the oven”

Meanwhile in Paris, Michael was wondering where is wife was, she should’ve been there already. Maybe her truck broke down on the road? But with the cold night? Maybe the trip was postponed? Whatever it was, he was going to look for her in the morning. Maybe she was captured by the enemy? No, he had to be optimistic, his Miss Daredevil was fine, she was going to cross the threshold of the door anytime now, smiling at him. But he was crazy with worries. He took a truck to go to the camp to look for his wife.

One more night

One more night with you

Close your eyes, I’ll give you my love

One more night

One more night with you

Please hold me once again

Because I love you

Here I stand

And I can't even cry

My heart is breaking up inside

You say goodbye

You found somebody new

Wherever you go

I’ll be with you

One more night

One more night with you

Hear me now I can't let you go

One more night

I’ll open my heart to you

Please hold me once again

Because I love you

Before you leave

Just take me in your arms

And let me feel you once again

I can't help myself

I still depend on you

Whatever you do

I’ll be with you

One more night

One more night with you

Close your eyes; I’ll give you my love

One more night

One more night with you

You know how long it going last

It’s up to you

I want hold you once again

Because I love you

Candy was dreaming she’d arrived at the hospital in Terry’s arms and she ran to Michael to reassure him that nothing happened with Terry.

- Oh Michael, I love you so much, she mumbled out loud

Terry who had opened his eyes, at dawn, felt bad. But he didn’t want to let go of Candy, it was a delight he wasn’t going to get the occasion to have again. He took full advantage.

Candy moved, she was feeling fine, warm and safe in Terry’s arms…She loved the smell of his cologne… in Terry’s arms… Oh… no, she had to open her eyes and if it was the morning, she had to leave that dangerous place that was Terry’s arms… But she opened her eyes and she didn’t move, she wanted to move, she felt so good, she felt in her place, during those few hours… in her place? But in reality her place was with Michael, not Terry… Terry was married to Susanna… that thought made her sad and tears started to come down her cheeks. Terry felt she was awake.

- Candy, are you ok?

- Yes, Terry. We’re not frozen to death

- On the contrary, said Terry smiling

- You think it’s funny, don’t you?

- I think it’s a delight to have you in my arms all night long…

- We have to get up, said Candy who didn’t want to move

They heard some noise outside and they saw Michael’s face looking in the window of the truck. Oh… don’t panic, said Candy to herself, who was afraid the joy she was feeling to have been in Terry’s arms was too obvious and visible. But, Michael didn’t know that Terry was the man she loved, the man that she still loves. She calmed herself.

- Michael? She said smiling

She sat up and opened the door and jumped in her husband’s arms. She had pushed Terry away a little abruptly, and he felt hurt by that…

- Candy! I was so worried! Said Michael, but if I had known you were with Terry, I wouldn’t have worried so much…

“Oh my God, said Candy in her head”

Those words were really sounding weird coming from her husband’s mouth. Michael trusted Terry; if he ever leans the truth…She didn’t even want to think about it. She took her stuff and got ready to go back with Michael to the hospital.

- Terry, thank you for keeping my wife warm…

- You’re welcome, Michael, you would’ve done the same thing for mine, said Terry

Another truck from the military camp had arrived and was taking care of Terry’s truck.

- Thank you Terry, said Candy looking at him with fondness

He looked into her eyes for a few moments and then, she turned around to go join Michael in his truck.

- Bye Candy, said Terry almost for himself.

In the truck that was taking them back, Candy was thinking. She was starting to like this situation too much. She had the two men she loved with her at the war, but she still felt disloyal towards Michael, because he didn’t know that Terry was the man she loved, the man loves… yes, she still loved Terry like crazy. Oh… life was so complicated!

The war continued with the offensives, the mutinies and the young soldiers who were sacrificing their lives, their family, their dreams and were getting themselves killed everyday. The hospitals were still full and the nurses continued their work the best way they could. One of Candy’s friends, Kristina, was hit by a bullet during a rescue operation.

- Oh my God, said Kristina, I don’t know if I can take this war any longer…

- Kristina, said Candy, there’s a rumour that says that talks of peace are in progress…

- A rumour Candy? I would have preferred something concrete…if this war continues, we’re all going to get killed in the end!

Kristina was bitter, she was starting to get fed up to brush death everyday… death… they should’ve been used to it, after all that time, but no, death; to see all those young men lose their lives everyday was a portrait no one should get used to…

Candy spent a lot of time with Michael and in September, she found out she was late in her cycle…Oh… but don’t panic, maybe it was the stress of the war… But she had been at the war for years…No, she probably finally had a bun in the oven and Michael was going to send her back to America! She didn’t really want to go, but she couldn’t put the life of her baby in danger at the war. She had to tell Michael the news; he was going to come in three days.

In Chicago, life was going fine, everybody was into the preparations of Stear and Patty’s wedding. It also was in a way, a celebration for Stear’s return, whom every body thought was dead. Patty’s parents were in Chicago, for the wedding, they wanted to participate in the planning and the spending of their daughter’s wedding with the nephew of William Albert Andrew, one of the richest man in America.

Annie was helping Patty with the dress, the tiara, and the flowers. They were talking and thinking about Candy.

- I wish she was here with us… said Annie

- Stear said that unless she gets pregnant, Candy is not coming back…said Patty

- So let’s pray for her to get pregnant quick, then

- Let’s keep a bride’s maid dress for her, in case she gets miraculously pregnant… But Stear told me that Terry was also at the war and he had the impression that Candy didn’t want to come to stay near Terry and Michael… but don’t tell anybody…

- Terry is at the war in France? Said Annie surprised, he couldn’t go to his country, in England? Oh my God….

- And there’s more; Michael doesn’t know that Terry is the man Candy used to love… and they are best friends…

- What a mumble jumbo! Poor Candy, between her husband and Terry, I understand why she doesn’t want to come back here; she’s going to be worried sick for the both of them!

- But let’s still pray for her to get pregnant, so she will be here for your wedding

- Ok, said her friend laughing…

Michael was with Candy at the apartment. They had just finished dinner.

- How are the peace talks? Asked Candy

- It should be concrete soon…

- So, we should soon be out of danger then…

- Maybe, but as long as there’s nothing in writing, there’s no guaranty that the war is going to stop…

- Oh… she said softly…

- Candy, what’s wrong?

- I’m late…

- Late? You mean…?

- I’m not sure, but you can examine me…

- You haven’t seen a doctor?

- I wanted you to be the first to know, if it was the case…

- Oh Candy… come here sweetie, let’s go to the bedroom…

He took her by the shoulders and they slowly walked to their bedroom. Michael examined her and he confirmed her suspicions. Candy was indeed pregnant.

- Candy, you’re pregnant alright… My love, congratulations

- Thank you, said Candy with tears in her eyes

- Why are you crying? You don’t want the baby?

- No… oh no honey, that’s not it! I’m very happy to have our baby, but it means that I have to leave you…

- I know sweetie, but we can’t put the baby’s life in danger or yours…

- Michael, I don’t want to leave you… she said crying

Michael took her lips and made love to his wife, softly, slowly, savouring every second, because he knew she was going back to America for the safety of their child.

- I love you Michael, she said against his chest and I don’t know how I'm going to live so far away from you

- Like you were doing it when I was on the battle front

- But I also knew that I was going to see you sooner or later…

- Pray those peace talks are not in vain, and that peace will come back and we will finally be able to live in peace together…

- Ok…

- I’m going to make the arrangements for your departure in a week and you’re going to stay at the hospital, this last week…

- More favouritism…

- I’m going to use all my power to protect you and our baby my love and I don’t care what people are saying…

- Kristina was hit in the leg, and she never totally recovered, can you arrange for her to leave with me?

- Of course honey…

- Thank you Michael, she needs to rest emotionally, I think to have been hit by that bullet was the last straw for her…

Michael made the arrangements for Candy’s departure for America. This last one had received the invitation for Stear and Patty’s wedding, and she was going to surprise them by appearing just before the wedding, she won’t tell them anything. Terry… she thought about Terry, about the fact that she will have to leave behind in this war too. She told herself a million times that Terry’s life was of no interest to her, but it was no use, she couldn’t not think about him or not worry about him. He arrived with some wounded two day before Candy’s departure. Michael was also at the hospital, during Candy’s last week. While Terry was sitting in the waiting room, Michael came to see him after he finished working on the wounded.

- Terry, my buddy! Said Michael

- Hello doc! Said Terry

- Happy to see you’re still among us

- Me too…

- I have a good news… Candy is pregnant!! Said Michael happily

Terry felt like they were sticking a sharp knife in his heart, but he was an actor, and like a good actor, he acted as happy as his friend.

- That’s wonderful, old buddy! Congratulations!

- Thank you. But it also means that Candy is going back to America…

- Oh… you’re going to miss her, said Terry

“And I’m going to miss her too… he said in his head, the heart broken”

- No kidding… let this war be over soon! You must want to see your son…

- Yes, I get pictures every month, but I’m going to stay till the end of the war if I can…

- It’s like you don’t want to go back home…

- You know I married my wife for duty and obligation, I’m here to find your way…was I really destined to let the one I love go and marry a woman I never thought of in those terms…? I’m telling you because you’re my friend… I was thinking about the one I love every time I was intimate with my wife… its disloyal, she knows it, and she doesn’t care, she’d rather have me thinking about another woman, than not have me at all…

- Your wife is really crazy about you…

- In normal times, I mean, if I didn’t love the one I love for ever, I would’ve been flattered, but… because of my wife, I’m not happy. She saved my life, but sometimes I wished I had died instead of having been saved by her… Because to live without the one I love, it’s like being dead…

- Terry I’m sorry buddy…

- Thank you… I wanted to turn to the bottle again, but I said to myself if I come here and brush death, maybe for the first time, in a long time, I would appreciate my life better…

- So…

- Let’s wait and see if we make it to the end of the war, maybe I would appreciate life better…

- In any case, God kept you alive for a reason…

Candy had arrived and she had heard Terry’s last words. He’d come to the war to live with death? So, he was that unhappy without her? But he didn’t he returned to Susanna? She had his baby now; he will never abandon her…

- Honey, said Candy arriving

- Candy, said Michael…

- It seems congratulations are in order…congratulation for the baby said Terry

- Hi! Thank you, Terry, said Candy smiling

- Michael tells me you’re going back to America?

- Yes… in two days I’ll be on the boat, said Candy

- Lucky you! Said Michael

- And I’ll get there just in time for Stear’s wedding… said Candy that’s the only thing that’s consoling me; I wanted to stay here with you Michael…

- But, the baby comes first, Miss Daredevil

- Yes, the baby comes first, said Candy. Are you ready to go, Michael?

- I’m sorry honey, I have to work for 4 more hours, one of the doctors got sick, I have to replace him. But go with Terry, I’ll be there in 4 hours…

- Ok, said Candy, let’s go Terry…

Candy went home with Terry. Terry took a shower and changed. Candy was finishing packing; she was finally going back to America, she will see her friends and take care of the baby to come. She went back to the living room and she found Terry reading a French paper.

- Do you understand? She said entering the living room

- My French got way better since I got here. You’re finally returning to America… but the war is almost over…

- Yeah, I hope I won’t stay without Michael too long…

- He’s going to miss you too… and me too…

- Terry, I heard what you were saying to Michael…

- Really? Said Terry worried

- Just the end…

Terry had a sigh of relief. She didn’t hear the part about Susanna…

- You came here to brush death, to know if your life was worth living…Terry every single life is precious in the eyes of God… Susanna saved your life and I’m very grateful to her for that. I’m glad you didn’t die, Terry, or I would’ve died too… don’t say anything. If it had happened now, I wouldn’t have left you to Susanna… we were only kids and we had to take a decision the changed the course of the rest of our lives in a rush… If you really came here to get an answer to your question, I’m going to give it to you…Yes, Terry you deserve to live, you brushed death here every day and you haven’t been badly hurt, it’s not your time… you have a wife and a little boy who need you. I’m fine, I’m happy with Michael, I’m going to have a baby, everything is fine Terry, and life is worth living… for our children…

Terry didn’t respond, Candy was happy with her husband and he was still alive, he’s had some flesh wounds and some scratches but nothing serious. He had to live, for his son, for Susanna.

- Thank you Candy, thank you very much, said Terry

Candy smiled. They started to talk about every day things, until Michael arrived. They all had dinner together and they talked, then they went to bed. Terry heard Candy laugh with her husband in their bedroom. The next day, Michael, left early for the hospital, leaving Candy and Terry alone. They had breakfast together. Then Terry got ready to go back to camp.

- Candy, I have to go. Goodbye. Good luck, said Terry the heart broken

He was sad she was leaving France, but happy that she was going to be safe… with her baby, Michael’s baby. Things were what they were.

Candy’s heart was also heartbroken to leave Terry and Michael in France, she wanted to stay with them, but she had to think about her baby now. Terry walked to the door; Candy felt her heart leaving with him…

- Terry, wait!

He stopped and turned around. Candy ran to him and jumped to his neck. Terry hugged her, closing his eyes.

- Good luck Terry. Be careful. And thank you, thank you for everything you did for me, whispered Candy in his ear

- You don’t need to thank me, Freckles, it was a pleasure…

- I’m going to miss you…

- I’m going to miss you too…

- Goodbye Terry…

- Goodbye Candy…

Terry left and Candy went to her room to cry. She was crying her lost love, she was crying for Terry, the man she loved and that she will never have…

Candy went to see Kristina, who was happy to go back to America with her.

- Allyson and Kelly are staying… oh we’ve break up our little group…said Kristina

- Yes, but we have to think about our health said Candy

- And my fiancée is in England… it’s stupid for us to be in the same war but in different countries…

- Yes, indeed…

- How are you feeling? You have to leave the two men you love…

- I have to think about my baby first…

- Yes, you’re baby, said Kristina smiling, you’re going to tell me what you’ll have ok?

- Of course, it’s our baby… said Candy laughing touching her belly, I’m so happy

- I hope my leg will be better

- It will you have to be optimistic

Kelly and Allyson came to join them to spend the last hours with them.

- With a little luck, said Kelly, we will all be in America in a few weeks…

- Yes, peace seems to want to come this time, said Allyson

- That’s good, said Candy, it will mean that I won’t stay separated from Michael too long…

- That’s good, because pregnant women need their husbands, said Kristina, are you “staking up” these last night?

Candy blushed lightly.

- About that “staking up”, I have to leave you. Michael is finishing early and I want to spend those last seconds in France with him… said Candy, bye girls…

- Bye Candy, said the girls

Candy went home and she found Michael who had just arrived…

- Candy…

- Michael, she said running to him to hug him

- Oh Candy, I’m going to miss you…

- I’m going to miss you too… let’s go to the bedroom…

- With pleasure, I want to take advantage of each second we have left…

The next day, Michael took Candy to the boat. She couldn’t stop crying. She kissed her husband before she got on board.

- Take good care of the baby, said Michael

- Very well my French lieutenant, said Candy

- I love you…

- I love you too

- You’re going to be in your adoptive family?

- If it’s viable, why not? Otherwise, I’ll find a place to live for us…

- Ok, I trust you, my love. Good bye, Miss Daredevil

- Goodbye my loving French lieutenant…

Candy finally got on board the face in tears. She joined Kristina who was already on board. This last one, who was walking with a cane approached Candy and hugged her. They had the same cabin. The crossing was fine, but Candy in her condition was often sick, especially when the water was a little agitated.

- Kristina, I’m going to die, said Candy

- It’s going to be ok, try to sleep

- My stomach is moving at the same rhythm as the waves… said Candy going to throw up…

She was happy went they reach the ground, finally in New York. America… security for her baby and where most of her friends were. She met Kristina’s family on the pier.

- Kristina, I’m going to write you, ok?

- Ok, and thank you again Candy, said Kristina going to join the members of her family on the pier… bye Candy

- Bye Kristina…

Candy went to the hospital to get checked out by a doctor. The doctor told her that everything was fine and to take some vitamins. She then went to the train station, to take the train for Chicago.

Web  Top
21 replies since 13/5/2007, 03:46   481 views