Fanfictions' reading corner/Le coin de lecture des fanfictions

IT'S OVER...

« Older   Newer »
Gentillefille
icon12  view post Posted on 23/7/2009, 00:55 by: Gentillefille     +1   -1

Reine du drame à la plume diversifiée qui ne cesse de produire toujours autant, malgré les ans et ses idées qui autant en emporte le vent!

Group:
Administrator

IT’S OVER…

Chapter 13

“Candy’s return”

The train arrived to Chicago, with Candy in it. She asked for help because she couldn’t carry all her suitcases alone. A man arrived and helped her carry her luggage to the street and hailed a cab for her. She was on her way to the Andrew manor. She hadn’t seen the manor for a long time. She was happy to be back in America. She climbed the stairs while the driver was getting her luggage out of the car. She paid for the cab and thanked the driver. She rang the door, a butler opened the door. Candy got in and the butler took care of her luggage.

- Hello Miss Andrew

- Hello. Where is everybody? Asked Candy

- In the big living room, Miss Andrew. Welcome home, Miss Andrew…

- Thank you said Candy smiling

She walked to the big living room. She found everybody talking

- Hello, everybody she said smiling, I heard a wedding was in preparation…

They all turned around and opened their eyes surprised.

- CANDY!!!!!!!!! Yelled everybody

Annie and Patty ran to her to hug her, kiss her, laughing and crying at the same time. Stear, Archie, Neil and Albert were all present and they stood up to greet her too. They were all happy she had come back safe and sound from the war.

- Candy, what a nice surprise! Said Archie

- Yes Candy, said Stear winking at her…

- Candy, it’s good to see you, said Neil smiling

Candy smiled and she hugged them all hard, one after the other.

- Oh, I’m so happy you’re here, not only in time for my wedding, but also for your life… said Stear

- Me too, but it was hard to leave Michael…but with a little chance, the peace talks are going to work and this war will finally be over said Candy

- You’re going to talk later, said Annie, Candy, you’re coming in the bedroom with us; you have to try you dress on…

- My dress? Asked Candy

- Yes, the bride’s maid dress

- But…started Candy

- We’ll talk upstairs, said Patty pulling her by the arm, come on!

Candy let herself dragged by her friends who took her to Patty’s bedroom.

- You’re room is next to mine, said Patty, great!

- I can live here without any problems you think? I don’t need any stress…

- You’re talking about the adorable great aunt Elroy and the Reagan twins? The great aunt doesn’t bother anyone anymore, she’s getting old, Eliza is married and a mother, she’s got other things to do and Neil… well you got his letter. He’s married too and a father, said Annie, so you see, the manor is the perfect place, because I live here with Archie and Anthony and Patty too, we’re all going to be together and it will make Albert happy…

- Yes, I’m finally living at the Andrew manor, said Candy smiling, Where’s Anthony? I want to see him…

- Come over here, he’s in his bedroom…said Annie

- He’s got his own room? Asked Candy surprised

- Yes, but I let him sleep there during the day only…there’s no way my baby is sleeping in another room during the night!

- That’s what I thought, said Candy smiling

They went to see the baby who was sleeping in his crib. He was so adorable. He had blond hair and rosy cheeks.

- Oh Annie, said Candy, with tears in her eyes, can I take him?

- Yes, of course…

Candy took the baby and sang a lullaby to him. She was crying of joy. Annie and Patty were looking at her; it was good to see her again! Candy finished her lullaby and put the baby back in the crib. She wiped her eyes and followed her friends in Patty’s room. The two friends were staring at Candy intensely. She felt observed.

- What? Do I have horns on my head? Asked Candy

- Come on, said Annie, out with it…

- Out with what?

- The emotions…started Patty

- I’m happy to see you, especially the baby…said Candy

- Yes, the baby…, said Patty

- Oh, Stear told you?

- He told me, and I told Annie, said Patty

- Oh…. said Candy blushing

- We’re waiting…, said Annie

Candy looked at her two best friends and she touched her belly. Annie and Patty saw the gesture and they smiled, but they were still waiting for Candy’s confirmation.

- Yes, girls, I’m pregnant, she finally said

Annie and Patty screamed of joy and they jumped on their friend kissing her laughing and crying at the same time.

- Oh Candy that’s wonderful! Said Annie, especially since it brought you here…

- But you were sad to leave your husband, said Patty and… Terry

Candy didn’t answer. Terry, she had to get him out of her head…then she said;

- Terry is married to Susanna, said Candy, let her worry about her husband and the father of her child…

- Oh, said Annie, they have a baby…

- Yes, a little boy, said Candy sadly

- Oh Candy, I’m sorry, said Annie

- No, I’m married to Michael, with the end of the war soon I will put Terry behind me. In fact, I’ve already put him behind me… Michael, I miss him so much…

- You love him a lot, don’t you? Asked Patty

- When I arrived in France, my heart was in ashes, after I learned about Terry and Susanna’s wedding… Michael was like a ray of sunshine who brought me back to life… he helped me get over my grief…

- But he doesn’t know that Terry is the man who broke your heart, said Patty

Candy told them what happened.

- Then it was too late, Michael was Terry’s best friend and I didn’t want to ruin that…

- But, maybe Michael would’ve understood, maybe he would’ve take it well, said Annie

- I don’t think so, because Terry always talked to him about “the one he loved”… said Candy, I hope everything will be fine. I don’t think I’m going to tell him, he’s going to feel so betrayed…

- But you didn’t do anything wrong…said Annie

- You think he’s going to see it like that? Said Candy

She didn’t tell her friends about the kiss at the frontier or the night she spent with Terry in the truck…

- Well this is all over now, I’m not going to see Terry, and when the war is over, I’m going to go live in France , said Candy

- France? Said Patty, oh yeah, your husband is a French officer…

- Yes, and my French got a lot better, the French nurses…

Candy told them about her adventures in the hospitals, while trying the bride’s maid dress her friends had kept for her.

- I can’t believe you guys kept a dress for me, said Candy

- Well, we were praying for you to get pregnant, said Patty

- What? Said Candy

- Yes, since it was the only way to get you back here in America said Annie

- The only way you were going to live the two men you love… said Patty

- Patricia, walls have ears, said Candy

- And windows have eyes, said Annie

- I know said Patty, I’m sorry Candy

- It’s ok. You prayed for me to get pregnant? God granted your wish… So, if I understand you correctly, I’m here because of you?

- Yes, said Annie, smiling

- You’re not angry? Asked Patty

- Of course not, said Candy, I’m pregnant and I’m in America with my two best friends! I’m happy!

They burst out laughing and had a group hug. Candy tried the bride’s maid dress which suited her perfectly.

- It’s a good thing my belly is not showing yet… said Candy

- Otherwise, we would’ve made the dress bigger at the waist, said Annie

- Change Candy and let’s go downstairs, or the guys are going to come and get you themselves, said Patty

Candy changed and went back downstairs with her friends in the big living room where, as a matter of fact, the guys were getting impatient.

- Finally! You’re done with your female secrets? Said Archie

- What are you saying Archie? We were making her try the bride’s maid dress, said Annie

- I’m here, said Candy, and you’re going to get tired of me…

- Never! Said Stear smiling

They talked for a while about the horror of the war. Then, Candy went to her room to rest and Albert followed her. Candy hugged him again.

- Oh Albert, I missed you so much! She said against his chest

- I missed you too, Candy he said closing his eyes, how are you? Did you find what you wanted?

- I got married… and I’m having a baby Albert

Albert felt bad. She was having a baby with her husband. He finally understood that she will never be his. He could finally move on with his life. He smiled and looked at her with love, and then he hugged her again.

- Congratulations, Candy, I’m happy for you

- Yes…That’s what brought me back to America. Michael didn’t want me to put the baby’s life in danger… I know, my life was constantly in danger. I even, almost died once. But the baby… his or her life is precious. I couldn’t risk it at the war

- I understand Candy. I’m happy you came back, and especially, you’re finally living here…

- I did it for you and also to get pampered, said Candy smiling

- Get some rest, Mrs. Durand, said Albert, the trip must have been exhausting

- Oh my God, don’t even mention it! I was sick as a dog during the whole crossing… the baby…

- I’m sorry. I’m going to let you rest, then.

- Thank you Albert, she said hugging him again, I missed you so much!

- I missed you too…

Albert left and Candy fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Mean while in France, Terry was fighting alongside French soldiers. They were all hoping that it was going to be among one the last military offensives. The fight happened as usual and ended in bloodbath. With peace talks going on, young soldiers were still getting killed. Terry received a bullet in his chest. The choc was so strong he fell on the ground on a rock that knocked him out. He thought it was the end. He saw his whole life passing in front of him in a flash and he regretted not seeing his son and he regretted not to have married the woman he loved, the queen of his thoughts. He even started to think about what he was going to write in his notebook on the one who was occupying all his thoughts, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. He saw her when she took the cigarette he was smoking away from him and offered him the harmonica in replacement. On that happy thought, he closed his eyes, his head was spinning…

He woke up hours later on a hospital bed, with a terrible headache.

- Terry, said Michael, you scared us…

- What happened? He asked with a weak voice

- We thought you were hit by a bullet…

- What do you mean by “we thought”?

He had a flash of the noise of the bullet, the pain on the chest and the pain to the head.

- I was hit, wasn’t I? I remember the pain…

- Yes, you were hit, but your guardian angel protected you… said Michael

- What do you mean?

- Wait, I’m going to show you… said Michael going away

Michael came back with an object in his hand he gave to Terry. Terry took the object in question and remained speechless. The object was now deformed because of the bullet it had received, but he recognised it; it was the harmonica the queen of his thoughts had given to him all those years ago… She had saved his life, once again without knowing it.

- Without your harmonica, you would’ve received the bullet strait in your heart and you would’ve died on the spot, said Michael

Terry still couldn’t believe it; Candy had saved his life again! To see her at the Happy Clinic with the children, a few years ago, had given him the courage to stop killing himself in alcohol and take his responsibilities, and now, her harmonica, the harmonica she gave him on the pretend Pony hill in college, to stop him from smoking…

- You should thank your harmonica, said Michael smiling

- I should thank the person that gave it to me, all those years ago… said Terry sincerely moved

A tear was coming down his cheek. The woman he loved with all his heart had saved his life. He was more convinced than ever that he should’ve stayed with her; she was his best friend, his confident, his guardian angel, his soul mate, the queen of his thoughts, she was his Candy. He was happy to be alive, but sad he wasn’t able to live with the one who, according to him, was his destiny. She was married to Michael, his best friend and she was going to have his baby.

“Oh Freckles, I love you so much… you saved my life once again, my love... There’s a reason for everything… Thank you Candy, from the bottom of my heart…” he said in his head

- You’re going to have a little headache buddy, but aside from that, nothing fatal, your heart is fine; thanks to your harmonica… we almost lost you! Hang in there, my friend, the war is almost over… well we hope…

- Thanks Michael, said Terry closing his eyes

- I’m going to let you get some rest

Michael left the room leaving Terry crying in his head his lost love… He had just realised to what point he needed her to live, to see her in this war had given him courage and it was also one of the reasons he liked to stay in that sordid war, because he was able to see her from time to time… He should’ve chosen her… he cursed himself for the thousandth time to have chosen duty over love.

Freckles, morning's just a moment away And I’m without you once again You laughed at me, You said you don’t need me anymore I wonder if you need me now? So many dreams that flew away So many words we didn't say Two people lost in a storm Where did we go? Lost but never found You know we let each other down But then most of all- I do love you- Still! We played the games that people play We made our mistakes along the way Somehow I know deep in my heart You needed me Cause I needed you so desperately! We were too blind to see But then the most of all I do love you- Still!

A few days later, Candy was in her room with Patty who had came to see how she was.

- Are you resting well? Asked Patty

- Yes, thank you Patty

- I have something for you, Candy

- Yes?

Patty gave her the little box of happiness Stear had gave her when she was leaving for New York, for the premiere of “Romeo and Juliet”. The box was playing music.

- Patty, the box of happiness, it’s working! Said Candy

- Yes, it’s working after remaining silent for years, it’s working… it gave me hope

- I’m happy it was able to help you…

- I’m giving it back to you and I hope it will bring happiness to you too…

- Patty…

- I know you still love Terry, you will always love him Candy…but this box brought Stear back to me… I believe that with all my heart… your biggest wish will come true and it will bring you the happiness you deserve, the happiness we all deserve…

- Thank you Patty, said Candy with tears in her eyes.

Terry had been in her head these last days, and she didn’t know why. She prayed for him lot. She hoped nothing had happened to him. She hugged her friend.

Susanna Grandchester was taking care of her little boy. She had received a telegram telling her that her husband had been hurt in the war and she was very worried. She prayed every night for him to come back safe and sound. She loved him so much and she couldn’t wait to show him the son she had. Her son was the spitting image of his father, the bleu eyes, the brown hair, he was lively and happy. She sometimes thought about her handicap, she had lost her leg saving Terry and she didn’t regret anything, because without that, he wouldn’t even have looked at her, he would’ve married Candy and she would’ve been the unhappiest woman in the world; having to look the man she loved more than anything in the world, be with another woman, for the rest of her life. No, the loss of her leg was a good thing because it allowed her to have Terry and his baby… Candy will never have that. The fact that she was making her husband miserable, that he was there only for duty and obligation, that he called her “Candy” in bed, didn’t bother her the least in the world. Candy might not have Terry, but she had his heart for eternity… and Susanna knew that.

Her mother arrived with another telegram.

- Susanna, there’s another telegram, said her mother

- Oh, mom, I’m afraid to open it, I’m afraid it’s bad news, if Terry is dead, I’m going to die too…

- Susanna stop being so melodramatic, open the telegram!

Susanna opened the telegram with shaking hands, she read the content and she had a sigh of relief.

- Terry is fine, his wound was not critical, he’s fine mom, Thank God!

- That’s good, said Mrs. Marlowe

- He’s going to come back and we’re going to live happily ever after with our son…

- From your mouth, to God’s ear, Susanna, from your mouth to God’s ear!

- Why are you saying this, mom?

- Well, a man who likes the war’s atmosphere better than to his family’s… even the baby didn’t bring him back, he’s avoiding you, Susanna

- Mom, please. It’s my life and I live it as I please. I love Terry, I have Terry and nothing you’re going to say is going to make me unhappy…

Mrs. Marlowe shook her head. She was now sorry to have pressured Terry to take his responsibilities. She should’ve content herself with Terry’s financial help, but Susanna was so in love with him…Now, she had a man who spent as less time as possible at home, so he won’t be near his wife… her daughter needed help, but she was refusing to accept reality. She was living in her own little universe where everything was for the better, in the best of worlds.

Web  Top
21 replies since 13/5/2007, 03:46   481 views